Blogging Self Assessment

 



 I feel that my blog writings meet most of the rubric criteria. The area that I need work in is developing my ideas. I have a tendency of getting stuck in my thought process.  I start to become repetitive in my writing. I am aware of this and am working on a strategy to get "unstuck".

  I am putting my best effort into these assignments. I come up with a plan for the writing assignment. I do my reading for it. I make an outline. I do a rough draft. I review the writing. I get my sons' to review my writing. I make revisions. I rewrite. I review again. I write the final draft and add my image and post.

  The peer review is a great idea for multiple reasons. It gives us an opportunity to look at our classmates' writing. We get to see their interpretation of the topics and how they present their ideas. Assessing each other's work puts us in the professor's seat. It gives us a different vantage point. We get to see each other's strengths and weaknesses and apply what we learn from it to our own writing process.

  I feel that the professor has covered everything we need in class to understand the concept of blogs. She has given us an abundance of information and references to help make us successful in class. At this point, the repetition of writing and assessment of our work will make us all better writers.

  At the beginning of this course, I did not know much about blogs. The number of blog posts on a daily basis is astounding. Blogging is used in all walks of life and  by so many different entities. Blogs are used as an educational tool; a way to inform the masses; a way for an individual to share their feelings and ideas; and a way to make a whole lot of money. Blogs are truly amazing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Economics affect Higher Education ?

Thomas Edison : The Opportunist

Blog #12 - Research